Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program

Must I request my exposure, medical, and personnel records in order to file a compensation claim under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program?

NO! You are not required to submit employer-owned or Privacy Act records to file a claim under the Federal Compensation Program. Your signature on the claim form authorizes the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to access the necessary records. DOL will contact you if further information is required. You may request a copy of your completed Federal compensation claim file by submitting a Privacy Act request to DOL.

You also need not obtain these records to file a State Workers Compensation Claim. DOE's Office of Worker Advocacy will obtain any available records and provide them to the panel of doctors that reviews your claim. You may request a copy of the medical and exposure records evaluated by the panel of doctors from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Home            FOIA/Reading Room            Privacy Act
Security and Privacy Notices